- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
|5||Medium Sized Potatoes|
|3||Medium Yellow Onions|
|3||Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, leaves stripped from the stems (discard stems|
|½ cup||Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, plus extra coarsely chopped for garnish|
|1 cup||Bread Crumbs|
|1 cup||Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|½ Tbsp||Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Coarse Ground Kosher or Sea Salt|
|2 Tbsp||Extra-virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to drizzle|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In the meantime, cut the potatoes into 1 inch chunks; peel, de-root, de-stem and cut onions into quarters and place cut potatoes and cut onions into a 1-gallon zip-top plastic bag. Seal the bag and massage bag to separate onion sections and evenly distribute the potatoes and onions.
3. In the bowl of a medium sized food processor place rosemary leaves, parsley leaves, paprika, garlic cloves, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and salt and process until ingredients form a thoroughly blended herb/spice mixture.
4. Add the herb/spice mixture to the plastic bag containing the onions and potatoes, re-seal and shake to thoroughly coat the onion and potato slices with the mixture.
5. Spread 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the bottom of an oven-safe, rectangular glass baking dish. Evenly distribute the coated potato/onion mixture into the baking dish; sprinkle any excess herb/spice mixture over the potato/onions and drizzle additional olive oil over the mixture.
6. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake, turning potatoes and onions about every 15 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy and the onions have begun to caramelize, about 1 hour.
7. Serve as an accompaniment for your favorite meat, poultry, or fish dish.