- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
|4||Zucchini, similar size and as straight as possible|
|2 Tbsp||Garlic, chopped|
|½ cup||Yellow or White Onion, small diced|
|1 cup||Cooked Quinoa|
|1 cup||Black Beans|
|1||(4 Oz) Can Green Chiles|
|2 tsp||Kosher Salt|
|1 tsp||Black Pepper|
|1 tsp||Ground Cumin|
|2 cups||Shredded Cheese, cheddar/jack blend|
|2 cups||Enchilada Sauce, red or green|
|3||Ripe Avocados, halved, seeds removed and scored into cubes|
|½ tsp||Kosher Salt|
|⅛ tsp||Black Pepper, ground|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and remove the flesh and seeds from the inside, leaving a 1/2" of flesh.
3. In a medium saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, saute garlic and onions until translucent.
4. Add cooked quinoa, black beans, green chiles and seasonings and stir. Taste for seasoning and add more if necessary for your tastes.
4. Fold 1 cup of shredded cheese into the quinoa mixture.
5. Pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce in a 9"x13" pan.
6. Divide black bean and quinoa mixture evenly between the 8 zucchini halves. Press filling into halves.
7. Pour the remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce over the stuffed zucchini and sprinkle them with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
8. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve with crush avocado.
1. Halve and pit avocados. Dice the avocados within their shell and scoop into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and crush with a fork, until chunky. Serve with the enchiladas.